April News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Omakaseed, the plant-based sushi omakase restaurant opened in NoMad at 1204 Broadway (via VegOut).
- Thyme Bar was featured in ‘NYC’s Hottest Cocktail Bars, April 2022’ (via Thrillist).
- Eleven Madison Park announced a new weekly meal subscription service called Eleven Madison Home (via Eater NY).
- A.R.T. NoMad, Glass Ceiling NoMad, SERRA by Birreria, and Broken Shaker were featured in ’24 NYC Rooftop Bars with Spectacular Views’ (via Thrillist).
- Japanese restaurant GG Tokyo opened in the ground floor of the Park South Hotel (via Time Out New York).
- London-famous Swingers Crazy Golf is opening its first NYC location at the upcoming Virgin Hotel (via Fast Company).
- The Ned NoMad, a hotel and members’ club will be opening this June (via Boutique Hotelier).
- Real, the Flatiron District mental health startup has raised $37 million in Series B funding (via Crain’s New York).
- The AKA NoMad Hotel will open later this year in September (via Serviced Apartment News).
- Emerging Artists Theatre is accepting submissions for their Fall New Work Series at TADA! Theater (via Broadway World).
- Three nonprofits connected to the Simons Foundation have signed leases in the Flatiron Building (via Commercial Observer).
- Mount Sinai Health System has signed a 10-year, 17,000 sq/ft lease for the 11th and 12th floors of 373 Park Avenue South (via New York Business Journal).
- Excavation has contiuned at 262 Fifth Avenue, the site of a 1,043 sq/ft residential skyscraper in NoMad (via New York YIMBY).
- GFP Real Estate has signed 11 new leases at 230 Fifth Avenue totaling over 15,000 sq/ft (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Deerfield has refinanced its life sciences innovation campus at 345 Park Avenue South with AIG (via Commercial Observer).
Around the Neighborhood
- 100 streets across NYC went car-free for Car Free Earth Day on April 23, including Broadway from East 17th Street to West 42nd Street (via 6 sqft).
- Madison Square Park was featured in ‘The 6 Best Picnic Spots for Families in NYC’ (via New York Family).
Header and Thumbnail Photo Credit: The Ned NoMad.