July News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- The speakeasy cocktail bar, Apotheke, opened a new location in NoMad at 9 West 26th Street (via Thrillist).
- Ol’Days, the farm-to-table Argentina-based restaurant & café, opened their first NYC location in NoMad at 1165 Broadway (via Eater New York).
- Lyseé, the new pastry shop, was featured in ‘The 15 Hottest Restaurants in Manhattan, July 2022’ (via Eater New York).
- Zaytinya, the Eastern Mediterranean restaurant led by Chef José Andrés, opened its second location inside the new Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad (via Eater New York).
- Rezdôra, Atomix, COTE Korean Steakhouse, Gramercy Tavern, and Cosme were featured in ‘Manhattan’s 37 Best Restaurants’ (via Time Out New York).
- The Ned NoMad, the luxury hotel and members-only club, opened at 1170 Broadway (via Business Traveller).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad opened at 25 West 28th Street (via Travel + Leisure).
- The Sentry Flatiron, the rooftop bar atop Hotel Henri, was featured in ‘Where to Watch the Fourth of July Fireworks in NYC’ (via New York Daily News).
- NeueHouse, the private work and social space, was featured in the article, ‘Manhattan’s Private Clubs Offer a New Social Lifeline to Remote Workers’ (via Wall Street Journal).
- Swingers Crazy Golf was featured in ‘The Best Things to Do in NYC This Weekend’ (via Time Out New York).
- British apparel designer, Paul Smith, signed a 12,617 sq/ft lease for its new office and showroom at 257 Park Avenue South (via RE Business Online).
- Recursive Research, Inc. a crypto currency fund signed a 5,186 sq/ft lease at 121 East 24th Street (via ConnectCRE).
- Yelp plans to close its offices at 11 Madison Square once its lease ends in 3 years (via Crain’s New York).
- Kaufman Organization has signed J. Lindeberg Corporation, a Swedish clothing company to a 5,400 sq/ft lease at 19 West 24th Street (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Thor Equities Group has signed a 2,500 sq/ft lease to Joe & The Juice at 933 Broadway (via ConnectCRE).
Around the Neighborhood
- Project New York, the annual menswear trade show, occurred on July 18 – 19 at the venue, Iron23 (via Fashion United).
- Carnegie Hall Citywide Concert: Attacca Quartet in Madison Square Park on July 20, was featured in ’13 Events for Your Art Calendar This Week’ (via ArtNetNews).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: The Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad