September News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- The Vasper, a new American bistro opened within the Mondrian Park Avenue Hotel in NoMad (via FSR Magazine).
- Nubeluz, a rooftop bar by Chef José Andrés at the Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad, opened (via 6sqft).
- S&P and Koloman were featured in ‘NYC’s Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of Fall 2022’ (via Eater New York).
- Shinji’s, an immersive cocktail bar, debuted in Flatiron at 37 West 20th Street (via New York Business Journal).
- Apotheke opened its second location in NoMad at 9 West 26th Street (via Hospitality Design).
- Express Edit, the fashion retailer, opened a location in Flatiron at 129 Fifth Avenue (via Gotham Magazine).
- Swingers Crazy Golf was featured in ‘The Best NYC Date Ideas to Spark Romance This Fall’ (via Thrillist).
- Eataly has been acquired by a European investment group (via Crain’s New York).
- Fotografiska launched renowned photographer, David LaChapelle’s, new show, make Believe (via Thrillist).
- The Wing, the women’s-only social club, closed in Flatiron (via The Atlantic).
- State & Liberty, the menswear brand, has signed a 2,200 sq/ft lease at 174 Fifth Avenue for its second NYC storefront (via Commercial Observer).
- Crisp & Green, the fast-casual restaurant, has signed a 2,900 sq/ft lease at 1145 Broadway in NoMad (via New York Business Journal)
- 50% of penthouse units at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, New York NoMad are in contract (via Connectcre).
- GFP Real Estate has secured a $47 million loan to renovate the New York Market Center, a 20-story office building in Flatiron (via New York Business Journal).
- Franklin Templeton, the investment firm, has signed a 374,000 sq/ft lease at SL Green’s new One Madison tower (via Crain’s New York).
Around the Neighborhood
- Citizens Bank launched The Living Portrait of NYC, an immersive visual experience, for 10 days in Flatiron (via The Drum).
- Madison Square Park Conservancy hosted Taste of Asia, the community benefit event curated by Simon Kim, owner of COTE Korean Steakhouse (via W Magazine).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: The Vasper via Time Out