November News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Zaytinya and Verōnika were featured in ‘New York City’s Most Design-Forward Restaurants’ (via Hotels Above Par).
- Koloman, the French-Viennese restaurant received a 3-star New York Times restaurant review (via New York Times).
- Flatiron & NoMad were featured in ‘How This NYC Neighborhood Is Working to Become One of America’s Greenest Dining Destinations’ (via Travel + Leisure).
- The Vasper, a new American restaurant, opened at the Mondrian Park Avenue hotel in NoMad (via Hospitality Design).
- Bombay Sandwich Co.’s Aloo Grilled Cheese was featured in ‘9 Favorite Sandwiches for Fall’ (via Eater New York).
- S&P and Lysée were featured in ‘The 15 Hottest New Restaurants in Manhattan, November 2022’ (via Eater New York).
- Patisserie Chanson’s Lemon Tart was featured in ‘Where to Find the Best Tarte au Citron in NYC’ (via Frenchly).
- New Balance is opening an office and showroom in Flatiron (via CoStar).
- Arlo NoMad was featured in ’11 Incredible Hotels that offer the Best Views of New York City’s Skyline’ (via Architectural Digest).
- Herschel Supply Co., the backpack brand opened its first U.S. retail store in Flatiron at 138 Fifth Avenue (via Forbes).
- Museum of Sex’s latest exhibit ‘Self Power | Self Play’ was featured in ‘The Coolest NYC Museum Exhibits & Immersive Art Experiences (via Thrillist).
- Perkins Coie, the international law firm is opening its second location in Flatiron (via Law 360).
- Dos Caminos renewed its 13,900 sq/ft lease at 373 Park Avenue South for 5 years (via Commercial Observer).
- The Feil Organization announced that Maytex Mills, a multi-national home furnishing manufacturer and distributor renewed and expanded its lease of 24,553 sq/ft at 261 Fifth Avenue (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Industrious, the flexible workplace operator is opening a location at 860 Broadway in Flatiron (via Crain’s New York).
- Rudin, the full-service real estate organization announced two completed leases totaling 18,650 sq/ft at 41 Madison Avenue (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Tribeca Investment Group, Meadow Partners, and PGIM Real Estate have secured $150 million in financing for the renovation of a 19-story office tower at 295 Fifth Avenue (via Commercial Search).
Around the Neighborhood
- NoMad was featured in ‘The Best Places to Go in the USA in 2023’ (via Condé Nast Traveller).
- Mayor Adams announced Placement of Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center at Hotel Wolcott to Assist Single Women and Adult Family Asylum Seekers (via The Office of the Mayor).
- New York City’s 103rd annual Veterans Day Parade was held on November 11 (via amNY).
- Edward Steichen’s 1904 “Flatiron” photograph depicting the Flatiron Building sold for $12 million at Christie’s (via New York Times).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: Zaytinya via Eater New York