March News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Stretch Pizza opened in Flatiron at 331 Park Avenue South (via Thrillist).
- Cote Korean Steakhouse and Atomix were announced as James Beard Award finalists (via Crain’s New York).
- Trust Bae, a tasting counter from Chef Frances Tariga opened in NoMad (via Thrillist).
- Coqodaq, a fried chicken restaurant is opening in Flatiron (via Eater New York).
- Bourke Street Bakery was featured in ’13 Essential Manhattan Bakeries’ (via Eater New York).
- Removery, the tattoo removal company opened a flagship location in Flatiron (via ABC New York).
- Arlo NoMad was featured in ‘Discover the City from Above: 10 Hotels in New York City with the Prettiest Rooftops’ (via The Travel).
- Fotografiska‘s exhibit “Hip Hop: Conscious, Unconscious” was featured in ‘Celebrate 50 Years of Hip-Hop with these NYC Events and Exhibits’ (via Time Out New York).
- Remedy Place, the social wellness club in Flatiron was noted in ‘The Rise of Social Wellness Clubs’ (via Business Chief).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad and The New York Edition were included in ‘The Best Hotels in New York City, From Luxury Stays to Points Properties’ (via The Points Guy).
- The Fifth Avenue Hotel is nearing completion at 250 Fifth Avenue (via YIMBY New York).
- DoorDash opened a 57,691 sq/ft office in Flatiron (via DoorDash).
- ATCO Properties & Management renews three office tenants in Flatiron totaling 17,500 sq/ft (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Abercrombie & Fitch has secured a long-term lease at 139 Fifth Avenue for 6,750 sq/ft in Flatiron (via Globest).
- Crate & Barrel is relocating its NYC flagship store to 881 Broadway (via Commercial Observer).
Around the Neighborhood
- Mayor Adams & DOT Commissioner Rodriguez launched new phase of Broadway Vision plan (via Office of the Mayor).
- Flatiron NoMad Partnership‘s Plant-Based Food Fair was featured in ‘Plant-Based Restaurants See Boom in Midtown’ (via NY1).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: The Fifth Avenue Hotel