April News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Atomix, Gramercy Tavern, Koloman, Rezdora, Mark’s Off Madison, and S&P Lunch were featured in ‘100 Best Restaurants in New York City’ (via New York Times).
- Sarashina Horii closed at 45 East 20th Street in Flatiron (via Crain’s New York).
- Mareluna was noted in ’10 New Restaurants in NYC This Week We’re Excited to Try’ (via Thrillist).
- Eleven Madison Park launched a weekend pastry pop-up called Bake it Nice outside the iconic restaurant (via Time Out New York).
- Apotheke NoMad and Everdene were highlighted in ‘The Best Rooftop Bars in NYC for Golden Hour Hangs’ (via Thrillist).
- Virgin Hotels New York City celebrated on April 4th its official opening with Sir Richard Branson (via Business Traveller).
- Brazilian-founded retailer PatBO moved into a new office and showroom occupying 7,000 sq/ft (via Dezeen).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad and The Ned NoMad were featured in ‘The 100 Best New Hotels in the World’ (via Travel + Leisure).
- Nanimarquina, the rug design company celebrated its 35th anniversary with a new showroom in Flatiron (via Surface).
- Brooklyn-based company, Nose Best Candles collaborated with the Museum of Sex to create limited-edition candles (via amNY).
- The Action Network, a sports media company signed a long-term lease at 61 West 23rd Street in Flatiron (via Connect CRE).
- Mattress company Saatva signed a 10-year lease for 6,700 sq/ft at 893 Broadway (via Commercial Observer).
- Janet Mandell, the high-end clothing rental store announced plans to open its first NYC showroom at 24-28 West 25th Street (via Commercial Observer).
- The Flatiron Building auction date is set for May 23rd (via Crain’s New York).
- Construction is nearing completion of Gemma Gramercy, a 20-story residential building at 202 East 23rd Street (via New York YIMBY).
Around the Neighborhood
- Artist Sheila Pepe will create her first outdoor exhibition commissioned by Madison Square Park Conservancy that will open on June 26th (via Gotham To Go).
- Fotografiska, Swingers NoMad, Harry Potter New York, and Madison Square Park were featured in ‘The 100 Best Things to Do in NYC for Locals and Tourists’ (via Time Out New York).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: Virgin Hotels New York City