Director of Administration & Finance
Position Title: Director of Administration & Finance
Reporting To: President
About the Flatiron NoMad Partnership
The Flatiron NoMad Partnership has been the Business Improvement District (BID) for the Flatiron neighborhood in Manhattan for the past 16 years, and recently expanded its service area to fully include the exciting and evolving NoMad area. The Partnership provides supplemental services including sanitation, public safety, social services, streetscape/beautification, and marketing/public programming for the neighborhood’s visitors, workers, and residents. We manage the neighborhood’s unique public spaces, including the Flatiron Public Plazas, and hosts events and programs throughout the year that celebrate and promote Flatiron and NoMad’s dynamic businesses and experiences.
The Flatiron NoMad Partnership seeks a Director of Administration & Finance with experience in non- profit financial management, organization administration, local economic development, and district operations and maintenance services.
- Administer items pertaining to Board of Directors and organizational governance, including Board/Committee meeting preparation & staffing, monthly reports/correspondences, and policies/procedures.
- Manage matters and systems relating to human resources, IT, insurance, procurement, vendor management, and outside legal assistance.
- Explore co-employment partnership (PEO) implementation to streamline and enhance staff HR experience and benefits.
- Oversee office administration at central and field office locations; support Chief of Staff in ongoing build-out of internal CRM and business tracking systems.
- Lead the annual budget process, working in close partnership with the President, program Vice Presidents, and Board of Directors.
- Provide recommendations to the President based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversee bookkeeper in preparation of monthly close-outs, bank reconciliations, financial statement production, accounts payable/receivable review and approvals via Bill.com, and running bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting to support program expense decisions and budgeting.
- Organize and complete the organization’s annual audit with independent CPA.
- Oversee annual BID assessment roll review and certification.
- Serve as a centralized manager of contracted BID contractual agreements and procurement processes.
- Partner with President and Vice Presidents in maintaining strong, trusting, and responsive relationships with vendors.
- Build-out and follow procurement procedures when competitively seeking vendor proposals.
- Coordinate procurement of office and field supplies and equipment.
- Oversee contract agreements (grants, license/maintenance/service agreements) with government partners
Field & Facility Operations
- Assist the Vice President of Operations in deployment and supervision of contracted BID operations & services (sanitation, public safety, homeless outreach), act as a community liaison for address district quality of life challenges.
- Assess operations performance and expense needs, provide recommendations for service improvements through data analysis/KPI metrics and the production of regular and centralized reporting.
- Assist the Vice President of Operations in establishing and maintaining Flatiron NoMad building/property management relationships and correspondence, act as public-private liaison with construction management teams during site development.
- Serve as the tenant administrator and office manager for the organization’s central, field office, and storage locations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree in non-profit/public administration, business administration, economic development, or urban planning preferred.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience in business assistance, urban planning, economic development, business, not-for-profit management, or related field.
- Experience with oversight of an operational budget, including ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget and successful P&L management.
- Thorough understanding of finance, systems, and organization management; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, and human resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity working with City and State agencies and understanding the roles BIDs play in local economic development.
- A “can-do” attitude, a willingness to learn, and a general excitement for city life, community engagement, and/or supporting small businesses.
- Proficient PC computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Quick Books.
The Flatiron NoMad Partnership’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees. During the COVID-19 pandemic, all members of staff are required to be vaccinated as recommended. Potential hires must be able to provide proof of vaccination upon starting.
The Director of Administration & Finance position salary is commensurate with applicable skills and demonstrated experience. Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403B and as well as generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, as one PDF attachment, to the attention of James Mettham, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Admin & Finance” in the subject line.
For more information on the Flatiron NoMad Partnership, visit FlatironNoMad.nyc or @flatironny on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.